When users shift from macOS to Windows system they often face file compatibility issues. Just like OLM files are only compatible with macOS, to import them into the Thunderbird application you need to turn them into a supportive format.
Today we will first understand OLM files and the Thunderbird application in brief. Thereafter we will discuss some prime reasons for this process and the reliable ways to migrate OLM files to Thunderbird applications. We will elaborate on the manual method and Mac OLM Converter tool to transfer Outlook OLM to Mozilla Thunderbird.
What is Mac Outlook Database File(OLM)?
OLM is created by mac Outlook to store the data in an offline format. It stores the data locally on the mac system, which increases the chances of data breaching. A file with a .olm extension store multiple mail items like emails, calendar, journals, and other types of data. These files cannot be opened with other Operating Systems. In order to access them on another operating system like mac or Linux you have to import them into a compatible application like Thunderbird.
What is Thunderbird Email Client?
It is a free and open-source cross-platform email client and is an easy-to-use application which is developed by Mozilla Foundation. It can be easily opened with mac, Linux, and Windows operating systems. This is used to store multiple mail items like emails, calendars, tasks, and various other items. It supports multiple accounts The safe is safe and secure in this email client and can be easily shared with multiple users without any data mismanagement.
Now, let us have a look at the reasons which are leading users to migrate from OLM to Thunderbird on Mac operating system.
What are the Reasons to Migrate OLM File to Thunderbird?
The most frequent reasons to import Mac Outlook OLM email to Thunderbird are as follows:
- Thunderbird will keep the data safe and secure without any hurdles.
- It is important to store multiple copies of the files.
- OLM files will become easily accessible on any OS.
- Also, any user can share these files with others without any hurdles.
- This email client has a user-friendly interface so that non-technical users can use it with ease.
- It can store and share large-sized OLM files easily with other users.
There are the most common reasons why users want to migrate OLM files to Thunderbird. Now, let’s proceed to the solution.
How to Import Mac Outlook OLM to Thunderbird?
The best and most appropriate way to migrate from OLM to Thunderbird on Mac is using MacSonik OLM Converter. It is a professional tool that allows you to import Mac Outlook OLM email to Thunderbird email client directly. You can also convert the OLM files into Thunderbird’s supported format i.e. MBOX. After that, we will manually import these files into the Thunderbird account. So without wasting much time, let’s get started with the solution.
Professional Method to Migrate OLM File to Thunderbird
MacSonik OLM Converter is the best utility that can directly import OLM files to Thunderbird MBOX without any hassle. It is a one-stop solution to convert single or multiple OLM files to Mozilla Thunderbird. You can also remove duplicate emails from the migration process. It will save you time and effort and gives you 100% risk-free and accurate results.
Steps to Migrate OLM File to Thunderbird MBOX
- Install and Open the MacSonik OLM Converter on your mac machine.
- Add the OLM files that you want to convert to MBOX and click Next.
- Tick the required mailbox items from the tree-structured list and tap Next.
- Select Thunderbird as the saving format from the drop-down menu.
- Assign the Customised location and name to the resulting folder.
- Apply other necessary in-built features of the tool.
- Lastly, click Convert to import OLM file to Thunderbird MBOX.
These are the quick steps to migrate OLM file to Thunderbird MBOX. Apart from Mac OLM to Thunderbird migration, it can also import OLM to Apple Mail, Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, and various other email clients. The process will get completed in easy steps without any hurdles. Moreover, you can convert OLM files into PDF, PST, EML, TXT, HTML, MBOX, and 8+ different file formats easily.
Another option is to convert OLM to MBOX format by selecting MBOX in the Save as drop-down menu, then import the converted MBOX files to the Thunderbird account. Read the next section to know how we can migrate the MBOX files to Thunderbird.
Native Method to Import MBOX to Mozilla Thunderbird
Follow the given steps to import the converted MBOX files to your Thunderbird application. The steps are easy and effective to implement.
- Install the ImportExportTools NG addon on your mac operating system.
- Add it to your Mozilla Thunderbird account to proceed further.
- Go to the location where local folders are stored and right-click on it.
- After that, click on the ImportExportTools NG option.
- Hit on the Import MBOX file option from the multiple options available in the list.
- Click on the OK button to process further.
- Select the MBOX files that you have converted just now from the OLM files.
- Here, click on the Open button and proceed ahead.
- Finally, all your emails will get imported to the Thunderbird application that was in the OLM format.
Finally, OLM files will be successfully imported into the Thunderbird email application.
Note: You must ensure make sure that the Thunderbird application is installed in your system before trying the above methods.
In total, it is an easy task to migrate OLM files to Thunderbird email clients. Firstly, you will need to turn the OLM files into MBOX format and thereafter import them to the Thunderbird account. The third-party tool will help you easily convert the OLM files into MBOX format with zero data alteration. Also, it will preserve the original folder structure of the files to be converted.