Importing OST files to Outlook is one of the easiest tasks, but some user’s struggle doing the same. In this blog, we will be sharing the procedure to import OST to Outlook very easily. There are some unavoidable reasons to export OST files to Outlook users will also learn about that. If you are a regular user of Outlook, then you might know about the reason behind importing the OST file to PST. Outlook is one of the most used email clients globally. Hence, some users still have no idea about the proper procedure for converting OST to Outlook.
The OST is an Offline Storage Table that stores all Outlook emails, tasks, calendar contacts, etc., even offline. Some crucial data stored in Outlook is very important for the users, especially for the businessperson. The entire organization around the world mostly uses Outlook to store their data. There are some reasons why users should import their OST files to Outlook.
- Exchange Server downtime: There can be various reasons for like virus attacks, hardware/software failure, etc. Downtime can take place anytime due to the mentioned reason. Therefore, to avoid the situation the users must have a backup of the OST files to repair the Exchange Server mailboxes.
- Migrate data from one system to another: Moving data from one system to another is common nowadays, mostly if users switch their organizations. Users will not be able to import their data to another system directly. Therefore, the only way to import the data is by converting OST to PST file.
- Exchange server maintenance: Regular usage of the Exchange server can damage the server. Therefore, users must put the Exchange Server under maintenance to avoid harming the server. Nevertheless, while we put Exchange server under maintenance, it will not allow users to access the file. Hence, users have to Import OST to Outlook to access the file.
How to Import OST to Outlook?
All the users might be very eager to import their OST file to PST, as it will be easily accessible once they import their file. Due to the reason that we have mentioned above, users search for different ways to convert OST to PST. The conversion can be done manually and in a professional third-party tool. The manual method is a bit difficult for the users, so briefly explaining users mostly avoids this method, as it is time-consuming. Therefore, users use the professional third-party tool, to begin with the conversion. In the following paragraph, we will discuss both methods; users can review them and opt for their preferred method.
Import OST to Outlook Manually
Although the manual method is a tough task, some users still prefer this method. Earlier there was only manual method to import the OT file to Outlook. The technical users can only perform the task. If you want to convert the OST to Outlook manually, follow the steps below.
Steps to locate OST files
- Firstly, open Outlook in your system and click on the File option.
- Now tap on the Account Setting option and select the account setting option.
- Now tap on the data file option, choose your OST file account, and hit the open file location option.
- Now users have to browse the following locations.
- Windows 10: drive:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- Windows 10: drive:\Users\<username>\Roaming\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- Older Windows versions: drive:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
- Now users have to import OST to Outlook PST format.
Import OST file to Outlook
- Importing OST file using the Archive feature:
- Open Outlook and tap on the file option.
- Now from the left panel, tap on options.
- Click on the advanced option and then on the Auto archive settings.
- Now set the day count to run auto-archive, and you can clear the old emails.
- Tap on the Ok option, and the archive of your OST emails will be automatically created at the specified time.
- Users can check out their selected location to save their PST files.
- Import OST to Outlook with Import/ Export
- Firstly, open Outlook in your system and click on the file option.
- After that, tap on the Open, Export option and hit the Import / Export option.
- Now on the next window, tap on the Export to a file option.
- After that, tap on the Outlook data file.pst and Next options.
- Now you are supposed to choose the Outlook profile or folder you want to import into PST format.
- Lastly, you must browse the location to save the OST file and tap on the Finish option.
Steps to Import OST to PST Professionally
The professional method is the best solution for the users, so we recommend the users try Shoviv OST to PST converter tool. This tool has amazing features that will make the procedure very easy-going. Since the tool is user-friendly, it provides a helping hand to the user.
- Firstly, visit the official website of Shoviv software, install the OST to PST converter tool in your system, and open it.
- Now from the ribbon bar, tap on the add OST file option and add OST files.
- After that, click on the OST to PST option and check/ uncheck OST items.
- After that, browse the location to save the resultant PST file. Users can also set the password and size of the PST file.
- Now the filter option will pop up, and users can filter the unwanted items and then tap on the advance option for other options.
- Lastly, the software will begin with importing OST to Outlook quickly. The software will also prepare a live log report of the entire procedure.
- After the procedure, tap on the finish option, and the process is finally completed.
- By following the above-mentioned steps, users will be able to import their OST file to Outlook.
All the users willing to import Ost to Outlook can do it with Shoviv professional tool. We have explained the manual and professional methods in detail to the users. We suggest users try the professional third-party tool for converting the OST file to Outlook. The tool comes with various unique features that make the procedure very easy-going. Users can check out the free demo version of the software and its works.